Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Better Now Than Later

Went to SJMC a couple of days ago for check up. More than a year ago, my gynae noticed that I have fibroid. According to him it is not harmful and I don't have to operate on it if I don't want to. But then these last couple of weeks I don't feel good and my womb area feels uneasy.

At first when Dr. Delaila (SJMC) checked on me, she didn't notice the fibroid. But then further checking showed that the fibroid is there, hidden by my womb. It's quite big.. almost 10cm x 5.3 cm. Obviously.. it has grown from the last time it was discovered.

She asked me to go for operation as soon as possible.

So, the date was set, I'm going to be operated next friday. I asked the doctor whether I can delay it.. but the answer was... "if you don't want any complications in the future, it is better if you operate on it now, when it is still ok. Why do you want to keep it?"

Well, looks like I don't have much choice. Have to go ahead with it, no matter what.

No comments: