Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lumut and Melaka

Phew, these last 3,4 weeks had been very very hectic for me. I had to organize 2 retreats:- 1 for the operations and management staff and the other one for the academic.

Boleh lah relax sikit for a few days before start balik dengan my next big task... Performance Appraisal Exercise.


Operations Workshop 2006 (2-5 Dec):
Swiss Garden, Damai Laut, Lumut
78 Participants
I would say it was a good session. We managed to squeeze some budget to include some teambuilding session (led by En. Rosli of Dale Carnegie). As usual.. I had to terkejar here and there. Luckily I had a good team of repertoire and secretariat to support me. Thanks a lot guys. Would not be able to make it without your help.

Most staff enjoyed the activities planned out for them. Some even mentioned that we should just concentrate on the teambuilding activities and forget about all the presentations. Well... that is not for me to decide. I am just carrying out the request/instruction given.

The karaoke session was also great. Tak disangka-sangka, ramai yang ada hidden talents. We really had fun. And as finale, the President managed to come back from his trip to Penang just before we were about to leave the karaoke room. managed to let the hotel staff to hold for a few minutes and let the big boss sing the finale song... 'My Way'. Never thought that prof could sing so well.


Infusing Thinking Skills Workshop (8-10 Dec):
Melaka Watercity Resort, Ayer Keroh
80 Participants

Based on the comments, most participants were satisfied with the workshop. The sessions planned for them enable them to learn and share what they know. However, I wish the same can be said about the Hotel.

Well, Melaka Watercity resort is a nice place actually. But, the food there is terrible. Even the service was bad. I was very disappointed with the food and services provided, so much so that I had to lodge official complaint with the management. Food tak cukup, tasteless and worst of all, more that 1/4 of our staff had diarrhea. Habis all the medicine yang we all bawak in the First Aid Kit.


Even though penat organizing all those programs but when I received the thank you's from my clients (i.e. the bosses who requested the programs), I feel a sense of accomplishment. Despite of some hiccups here and there, the programs still went quite smoothly and they achieved their objectives.

No comments: