Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to a Special Lady

Yesterday, we (me, hubby and his cousins) went for Dim Sum at Sheraton to celebrate Tok's 81st birthday (it was on 12th April). I must say that it was a good one. Since there was no kids around, we had time to enjoy each others' company and not forgetting the food.

Talking about Tok, I must say that I have high respect for her. Even though she is just a small-sized lady, she is highly respected by the family members. The respect, I think, is not just because her late husband used to be Malaysia's IGP. But, in my opinion, it is because she has a big heart and she cares very much for her children.

I remember talking to her once about the family. She said, she values her family so much. She doesn't judge any of her family members and she doesn't talk bad about them either. She continued further by saying that she doesn't understand why some people can go around telling other people about ther family affairs (yes, the bad ones too). To her whatever happens in the family, remain with the family. To Tok, her family is her pride.

I wish when I am old like Tok, my family will respect me as much.

No comments: