Friday, April 6, 2007

Key Ingredients

Out of curiosity, I asked a few friends about the key ingredients to a lasting marriage. Some people say this, some people say that, but basically it centers around the followings:

- honesty

- trust

- respect

- committemnt

- understanding

- communication

Strange, only one out of 5 that I asked mentioned love.

I asked them what do they think of love? Don't they think that love is important to make marriages last?

I like one answer that was given by somebody who is actually younger than me (well, you don't have to be older to be wiser). According to her, love cannot survive alone. Even if you have loads and loads of love but if you don't have all the ingredients to support, it will die off one day. In fact, if you have the right ingredients, love can be built.


No comments: