Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How to Compete?

I'm cracking my head to help my HOD prepare proposal paper for increment to the BOD. Thanks very much Kak Ta..it's not even my portfolio... hehehe

With the recent change in ownership on 1st March 2007, staff are having a lot of speculations and uncertainties whether they will be better off or otherwise under the new management.

Staff has been asking about their benefits. Will the new management review the benefits? Will our salary be reviewed? When will we know whether we will get salary increment or not? So many questions and so little answer to give.

To top it all, the government has recently announced salary increase of 7.5% to 35% and a 100% increase of the cost of living allowance for all civil servants. Wow! how can you compete with that? It makes what we are proposing looks like a pittance. I guess after this everybody would be happy if they get to be a civil servant. Hmmmm....

No comments: