Saturday, August 4, 2007

Kids and Their Naivity

It's amazing how simple gestures can touch your heart.

A few days ago I scolded Ellix for being naughty (again). And as usual, when I scolded her, I cried. I guess I cried because if given a choice I won't do it. But I know I have to because If I don't say anything to her when she made the mistake, then she will assume it is ok to do it.

Ellix cried too when she saw me crying. She said sorry but I just kept quite. Then she came to me and hugged me. That was it. The minute she hugged me, all my anger was gone and replaced by love.

Later that night, I had this conversation with her:

"Ellix, why do you hurt mama's feelings?"
"I don't know mama. I'm sorry."
"Promise me that you will not hurt my feelings again"
"I will try mama. But sometimes I can only do it on weekends. Cannot do it everyday. But I promise I will try".

Well.... I cannot help smiling. Ellix will always be Ellix.

No comments: