Friday, August 24, 2007

What's In A Smile

I was engaged on a telephone conversation just now. The caller was asking for some information. I wanted to transfer the call to the person in-charged but since the line was engaged, I entertained the caller myself. At the end of the conversation, he thanked me for the information and complimented on how helpful I had been. He went further by saying 'I can see the smile in your voice'.

Hmmm.. isn't that nice? I make my day by being nice to somebody. And.. it's not difficult at all. I treated the calller the same way as how I want to be treated. To me a smile worth a thousand words.

A smile is one of the greatest gifts you can give somebody. Likewise, it's also one of the greatest gifts to receive. It is something that is understood universally. Somebody used to say that 'a smile is the original form of instant messaging, a smile is ageless and it never goes out of style'.

So, don't you think that life be better if we all smiled more?

FACT
It takes nearly three times the number of muscles to frown as it does to smile. Frowning requires forty-three, while smiling asks only seventeen to help out. So, stop working so hard!


2 comments:

- guile - said...

:)
I've been wanting to smile, a smile from the heart, but it keeps failing.

NaNa said...

guile,

Keep trying and I know one day you will be able to smile again.