Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ramadhan Comes Again

Come Ramadhan and Umi is off to Mekah for her Umrah again (12.40am, 11 September 2007 to be exact).

Ever since arwah my dad passed away in 2000 (on the 25th day of Ramadhan), Umi will spend the whole of Ramadhan there and will only be back on the first day of Raya or a day before.

Umi once told us that she will be at peace when she's in Mekah. She feels closer to arwah Abah there.

I remember talking to Umi a couple of weeks ago about Abah and from the expression on her face I can sense how much she misses Abah and how great her love is for him. Her eyes still watered whenever she talks about him.

I guess I am blessed with parents who share the kind of love and respect for each other that some of us can only wish we could have. Their love goes beyond the test of time and their wish is to be together dunia and akhirat.

Anyway, Selamat Berpuasa to all and may your blessings be too many to count and your worries too few to matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selamat berpuasa to you, Kak Ma... and let's doa our Umi will be in the best of health kat Mekah.. and that she'll doa for us nonstop kat sana..:)

NaNa said...

Thanks Ta. Yup.. will always doa for Umi. But I think, I need Umi's doa more than she needs mine... hehehehe...:)