Friday, December 14, 2007

Is Ignorance Really a Bliss?

I am the type of person who is always curious to know more. Maybe it's my 'kaypoh' nature or just pure instict... but I always seem to find out about things. Sometimes I wish that I do not know certain things for I often heard people say that ignorance is bliss; what you don't know can't hurt you.

There is also a saying that goes something like this .. "the stupidest mistake in life is thinking the one who hurt you the most, won't hurt you again."

So, what am i getting at here?

Well, I have been feeling quite down these past couple of weeks... *sigh*.. (I know it's not good to sigh but still sometimes I just can't help it). I don't know whose fault it is and I don't want to play the blaming game because at the end I always believe that if you point a finger at somebody else, the other four will be pointing at you. So, it's better if I don't.

This time instead of dealing with the problem the way I used to, I decided to just ignore it. Hopefully it will go away...... that's what I keep telling myself.

Some people may say that I'm trying to avoid facing reality. Well.. maybe.. but at this point of time, I think that is what I can and able to handle.

17 comments:

McBudu said...

Tell us about it, we are good listeners..!

J.T. said...

Hi Nana

All I can say is "And this too shall past."

Sometimes some problems need time. Sometimes we deal with it head on. Only you will know what's best for you.

I hope you will feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

talk to us if you need a shoulder to cry on....though i prefer to remain as ANON but i'm a frequent visitor here.

Unknown said...

Kak Nana,
Don't keep it to yourself. Sharing may ease the weight. We might not be able to do anything, but hey, at least it will help you release some of the stress.

Lee said...

Hello Nana, here's wishing you the best of seasons greetings, happy holidays and a very happy new year.
Best regards always, UL.

Pak Zawi said...

Nana,
Nothing is impossible. Just take it head on and get over with it. The earlier the better. I know you are strong enough to face whatever problem you are facing.
Have a good day.

- guile - said...

you know that i know that you know that i know. so dear, sometimes you just had to ignore it. time will heal and time will tell.

Anonymous said...

Dear Nana,

Listen t JT, this too shall past. Those are wise words.

(Shudder) You know the thing you are talking about in paragraph two of this posting? I was once the goon who, well, did the mistake.

Oh go ahead and sigh all you want dear.

Life is made of few smiles, laugh, caughs, sighs and tears...

Unknown said...

Hi Nana,

Just follow your gut dear. Leave it be then.

Here's wishing you a wonderful and meaningful holidays.

NaNa said...

Mcbudu, anon (at 12.19), akmal

Maybe, when the time is right.

NaNa said...

JT,

You are difinitely right... this shall past. All it needs is time. Infact, I'm feeling much better now.

Thanks for the advice.

NaNa said...

U. Lee,

Thanks for dropping by. Happy New Year to you too.

Will drop by at your place for coffee and kueh soon.

NaNa said...

Hi Pak Zawi,

As JT said, sometimes some problems need time and that was what I did. I gave it some time an thank GOD, I'm feeling much better now..at least for the time being.

Insyaallah, when I feel much stronger, I will face it head on.

NaNa said...

Hi Guile,

Yes, I know that you know... *sigh*.

I guess for the time being this is the best that I could do. You are right dear... time will heal and time will tell.

NaNa said...

Hi Elviza,

Yes, what is life without the laughs, smiles, sighs and tears.

By the way, everybody makes mistakes and I know I made a lot of those.

NaNa said...

Hi Ruby,

Let it be was exactly what I did and alhamdulillah things are getting better now.

Thanks for the visit and happy holidays to you too.

Unknown said...

NaNa.....share share problem tu....ringan kan beban...but but choose carefully dgn siapa u share lah....:-)

good luck!

idham