Monday, July 9, 2007

Weekend and CINTA

Last Friday my daughter told me "Mama, I have to watch TV all day long on Saturday and Sunday, until the day ends. There are a lot of new cartoons on Disney channel".

'Are you sure?' was my reply.

"Yes, mama. I'm sure. And I cannot miss them. It's going to be fun, Mama. Please, please. Can I have the TV?"

Hmm... looking at her with the hopefull look in her eyes (by the way, she uses the same tactic all the time and still... I succumb to it..), I said to myself.. well, forget about watching movies on Astro. She's going to be glued to the TV all day long. So, better find other alternatives.

With that in mind, I started digging into our DVD collection and as you may have guessed... spent my weekend watching reruns of the movies. Managed to watch 3 movies, by the way, and one of them is CINTA.

The first time I watched CINTA I didn't really watch it thoroughly. I missed some of the parts and most importantly, I didn't pay much attention to the scripts. But yesterday was different. I really 'menghayati' the movie and I admit to myself taht the movie is good. No wonder people gave good comments about the movie.

CINTA comprises of 5 stories in 1 movie. It is a story about love; the different kinds of love.
1. Dato' Rahim Razali and Fatimah Abu Bakar - Extraordinary CINTA: Age does not diminish one's capacity for love or need for companionship.
2. Eizlan Yusof and Fasha Sandha - Unexpeted CINTA: Love sometimes happen when you least expected it.
3. Nanu Baharudin and Que Haidar - Eternal CINTA: The sacrifices you are willing to make for the one you love.
4. Rashidi IShak and Rita Rudaini - Unconditionally CINTA: True love means letting go of the one you love the most.
5. Pierre Andre and Sharifah Amani - Pure CINTA: Sometimes the love that we desperately seek is not pur true love.

The list of casts are great and teh soundtracks are just wonderful especially CINTA by Misha Omar and Jac Victor (original singers Melly Goeslow and Kris Dayanti).

There are some parts of CINTA that really touched my heart:

1. The part where Cikgu Elyas said to Mak Bi/Rubiah and Rahmah (scene at the restaurant): "Bukan senang nak dapat teman hidup yang sanggup terima baik buruk kita, sanggup berkorban untuk kita, sanggup hidup bersama sampai ke akhir hayat. Isteri bukanlah hak milik, tapi anugerah".

2. The part where Mak Bi/Rubiah said to Amin (scene at Rubiah's house): "Satu hari bersama orang yang kita sayang, macamana susah pun lebih baik daripada seumur hidup dengan orang yang kita tak sayang".


How true. I couldn't agree more.

No comments: