Friday, July 20, 2007

A Tribute to A Dear Friend

Yesterday, when I went to visit Dahlia at Ampang Puteri, I went to pick up Ninie first. Imagine our feelings when we met. As Ninie said to me over the phone.. "When I see you, I just want to hug you. I miss you so much".

We hugged each other tightly. It felt so good to be able to see each other again after so long.

As anyone can imagine, we just talked and talked all the way to the hospital. We have a lot of catching up to do.

On our way back after seeing Dees, we continued our talk again. This time it was a bit more personal. We talked about ourselves more instead of talking about our family.

I guess it felt good to talk to somebody who understands us. Somebody who knows who we really are. Somebody who will not judge us and somebody who will accept us the way we are.

Something Ninie said made me think.."You know what, when we were schooling, I didn't have other close friends except you. We were always together, even when we were not on talking terms to each other!"

Actually what Ninie said is true. We were always together. What ironic about us is... we were never been in the same class. Neither were we in the same room. We just happen to be two girls who were just inseparable. Even when we fought (yes, we fought .. sometimes over silly matters) .. we still went everywhere together. We still waited for each other to go for dinner and prep. We still shared our food... even though no words came out from our mouth.

After school, we were supposed to go to US together. But then, Ninie decided to quit the program and join local University instead... because of personal reason. I was sad, of course. I thought we would be able to go to the same University together.

When I got back from US for good, Ninie was the one who picked me up at the airport. I remember, it was almost 4am.And there she was.. waiting for me with her parents (somehow I managed to get permission from my parents to let me stop over in KL first before going back to Kuantan).

When I started working, I stayed with Ninie and her parents.. until the day Ninie left to UK to further her studies. It was a sad moment for me, but at the same time I was happy for her.

I still remember how I coaxed Ninie to wear more up to date dresses. Well.. I was the one who was always in short skirts while Ninie, being Ninie, is very decent. I always told her .. "Ninie, you are pretty. Bila lagi nak pakai all these. Now is the time."

Well, those were the days. How different it seems now. Whatever it is, Ninie, you are still my best friend. Forever and ever.

No comments: