Thursday, July 19, 2007

Time to Reflect

Just got back from Ampang Puteri Hospital... visiting a dear friend (Dees) who was diagnosed with cancer. Tomorrow she will be transferred to Gleneagles for her chemotherapy.

I feel sad to know that her cancer has spread to her liver. Infact she was admitted to Ampang Puteri because she felt quite weak. Before going to the hospital, I had prepared myself with tissue papers, just in case it would be a sob, sob moment. But then, thank god, I didn't have to use it. I somehow feel happy to know that she is coping well and seems to be positive about the treatment that she's going to do. Maybe she's putting up a brave face for our sake but I do hope she's strong enough, especially emotionally, to go through it all.

It just happened that when I arrived (I went there with another friend), 3 of our old schoolmates were already there. What a coincidence! Didn't expect to see them on working day at 10am! We had a good time catching up with the latest news and I know it somehow cheered Dees up a little bit.

I realize lately that more and more of the people I know have been diagnozed with illnesses and diseases that I never thought would only happen to 'other people'. How sad.... and it can be frightening sometimes. It makes me realize that we never know what the future has in store for us. Nothing is certain.

No comments: