Monday, June 18, 2007

Occassional Sob Sob Moments


Whenever people talk about Korean drama, Winter's Sonata, without fail, will be mentioned. It was a hit in Asia way back in 2002.

I didn't have a chance to watch it before except for occassional glimpse, whenever I happenned to go back home early from work. But then last Saturday, a friend of mine loaned me the whole collection of Winter's Sonata after knowing that I have not seen it. Thanks very much Kak Ta! Apparently, if you love to watch romantic dramas, this is a must!

Finally, I got my hands on the CDs and there were 20 of them in the box. At least I have something to look forward to this weekend and the coming week.

After I finished the 1st CD, then I understand why it had become such a big hit before. The winter sceneries in the movie were so breathtakingly beautiful and the soundtracks.... gosh.. they just stay on and on in your mind. The story is one of the greatest love stories that I have ever watched. My eyes were practically glued on the TV. I was under a spell!
Winter Sonata is the kind of drama that makes you feel young again and makes you remember what it feels to be in love for the first time.... the bittersweet of falling in love. It opens up our heart about love and sacrifices and brings us down memory lane.
So, there I was .... I forego my sleep and other activities over the weendends... except for the occassional meal and bathroom breaks. Finally, around 3.30am last night... or rather this morning, I manage to complete the whole story. My husband couldn't understand what is so special about the movies. The dubbing was quite bad (yes, you can hear the mandarin voiceovers quite clearly) and the subtitles are terrible.
When I finally switched off the DVD player last night, it felt like I have been through an emotional roller coaster. I shed tears, I smiled and I felt kind of warmth inside of me. I can't remember the last time that I am this emotional over a movie.

No comments: